Monday, May 18, 2009

I get letters

I take back what I said. I said I shouldn't post. Will I? YES! Will they be interesting posts? NO WAY!

Anyway, earlier today I received a letter. More of a complaint actually. Here it is:

My complaint about Sir Idunno723

Recent troubling developments prompt me to revisit a subject I've discussed in the past: Sir Idunno723 and his plan to represent a threat to all the people in the area, indeed, possibly the world. I assume you already know that if the country were overrun by the most manipulative scroungers you'll ever see, we could expect to observe widespread discrimination in our daily lives—stares from sales clerks, taxis that don't stop, and unwarranted license and registration checks by police, but I have something more important to tell you. When he says that arriving at a true state of comprehension is too difficult and/or time-consuming, that's just a load of spucatum tauri. He believes, in his elitist delirium, that cultural tradition has never contributed a single thing to the advancement of knowledge or understanding. I've already explained why but let me add that he seeks scapegoats for his own shortcomings by blaming the easiest target he can find, that is, pea-brained caitiffs.

Some pesky pantywaists are actually considering helping Idunno723 pass off all sorts of selfish and obviously mentally deficient stuff on others as a so-called "inner experience". How quickly such people forget that they were lied to, made fun of, and ridiculed by Idunno723 on numerous occasions. Even with the increasing number of obstreperous wily-types, when I was younger I wanted to allay the concerns of the many people who have been harmed by him. I still want to do that but now I realize that his behavior might be different if he were told that his witticisms serve only to safeguard his own power and privilege. Of course, as far as Idunno723's concerned, this fact will fall into the category of, "My mind is made up; don't confuse me with the facts." That's why I'm telling you that if his bromides get any more malodorous, I expect they'll grow legs and attack me in my sleep.

Idunno723 demands that we make a choice. Either we let him combine, in a rare mixture, bestial cruelty and an inconceivable gift for lying or he'll push all of us to the brink of insanity. This "choice" exemplifies what is commonly known as a "false dichotomy" or "the fallacy of the excluded middle" because it denies other alternatives, such as that the biggest supporters of Idunno723's effete, inarticulate slurs are biased manipulators of the public mind and cantankerous, repugnant dopeheads. A secondary class of ardent supporters consists of ladies of elastic virtue and cosmopolitan tendencies to whom such things afford a decent excuse for displaying their fascinations at their open windows. He lives for one reason and for one reason only: to supplant national heroes with what I call unruly bullies. To bring the matter closer to home, let me remind you that Idunno723's mandarin prose has always appealed to hectoring quidnuncs. That's pretty transparent. What's not so transparent is the answer to the following question: Why can't Idunno723 simply enjoy the fruits of his own labors and let other people enjoy the fruits of theirs? A clue might be that Idunno723 claims to be supportive of my plan to make some changes here. Don't trust him, though; he's a wolf in sheep's clothing. Before you know it, he'll rot our minds with the hallucinatory drug of adversarialism. Not only that, but every time Idunno723 attempts to destroy the lives of good, honest people, I feel a surge of pure, unadulterated hatred flow through my body. To cap that off, the very genesis of his irascible invectives is in mercantalism. And it seems to me to be a neat bit of historic justice that Idunno723 will eventually himself be destroyed by mercantalism.

Sure, Idunno723 talks the talk but does he walk the walk? The only clear answer to emerge from the conflicting, contradictory stances that Idunno723 and his followers take is that the ability to artistically arrange words in an amusing manner does not qualify someone to be the leading social voice of a country. He accuses me of being a liar. The only proven liar around here, however, is Idunno723. Only a die-hard liar like Idunno723 could claim that he can change his conscienceless ways. The truth, in case you haven't already figured it out, is that he maintains that either people are pawns to be used and manipulated or that public opinion is a reliable indicator of what's true and what isn't. Idunno723 denies any other possibility. We'd all be in grave danger if he continued to engage in his peremptory behavior.

If Idunno723 gets his way, none of us will be able to rage, rage against the dying of the light. Therefore, we must not let Idunno723 issue a flood of bogus legal documents. With friends like him, who needs enemies? I mean, Idunno723 can't see the forest for the trees. I could write pages on the subject, but the following should suffice. I have often maintained that reasonable people can reasonably disagree. Unfortunately, when dealing with Idunno723 and his backers, that claim assumes facts not in evidence. So let me claim instead that Idunno723 is not only immoral, but amoral. In closing, all that I ask is that you join me to stop Sir Idunno723 and compile readers' remarks and suggestions and use them to reach out for things with permanence, things beyond wealth and comfort and pleasure, things that have real meaning.

WOW! I got nothing out of that. Thanks to this site.

Shall we end with a funny video? Please don't watch near children. NSFW or whatever acronym it is. Contains language (in English actually). Don't say I didn't warn you! Here goes:


It's the off season... Get used to this stuff.

No comments: