Saturday, May 9, 2009

Why start this thing post Shark misery?

Well, it's almost summer and I've got to much time on my hands. So why am I doing this?

1) I want to get the "right ideas" across.

Guys like Kawakami and Purdy are truly an inspiration. Guys like them have been spreading the wrong ideas. Patrick Marleau and Joe Thornton deserve to be on the Sharks. They have played through injuries trying to help the Sharks go somewhere in the playoffs but aren't able too. Immediately they're labeled "chokers". If they didn't play through injuries they would've been called "wimps" and have a "lack of heart". Either way it's a lose-lose situation if the Sharks don't win in the playoffs. Even if Marleau scores 68487 goals in the series and the Sharks lose, it's still his fault because he didn't lead the team. If only Kawakami and Purdy had the brains to write articles defending the Sharks instead of taking the easy way out and bash the Sharks in order to keep their job.

2) I friggin' love the Sharks maaannnn.

I watched 79 games last season and the other 3 I listened to the end of the game on the radio. Now, I don't want to say I'm a "true" Sharks fan because the term "true fan" is a joke. When someone wants to tell someone they watch the Sharks some say they are a "true fan." A true fan wouldn't say they're a "true fan." Than people call other people "true fans." They only say that to show they are such good fans that they have the ability to call someone a "true fan." I used to think a "true fan" is a myth. Not anymore. A true fan is a person who knows their stuff, loves the team, and doesn't show off their "knowledge." Not the dude at the bar (restaurant in my case) that rambles on, speaking loudly, about how Thornton makes assists not score goals. True fans are rare.

3) I wanna be like the dudes over at FTF (Fear the Fin).

Someday I hope I'll know hockey and Sharks just as much as they do (awww how cute). I'm still learning hockey if you guys didn't know. When someone says "Pavelski's been good on the forecheck" or something like that I usually don't detect that. The little things. Hopefully I can be a super hockey fan soon.

Oh and you know since I'm still learning this hockey thing, if I'm ever wrong please correct me. I'll appreciate it 100 percently (percently just sounds so perfect).

Another thing, I did notice how crappy the logo thingy turned out. The blurriness (sort of) around the words. Too lazy to fix it. I don't think it needs fixing anyway. It's unperfectness is perfect IMO.

4 comments:

Mr. Plank said...

3) I wanna be like the dudes over at FTF (Fear the Fin)."Might have to rename your blog "Ideas From The Drunk Tank" then ;)

Good mission statement idunno. Can't wait to hear what you've got in the works for this offseason.

Gray said...

Welcome to my world. Everything looks great until you take a step back and really see it. Then you can only see how to improve it.

Learn to love it.

Ann said...

Awesome. Can't wait to read what you come up with!

(This is mymclife, BTW).

idunno723 said...

Can't wait to read what you come up withYeah, me too haha.

I'm gonna try to be consistent enough to have at least 1 post a day.